Monday 29 December 2014

6c) Award Title

I was slightly concerned when beginning my draft for my award title rationale that I would not be able to decide upon the correct title for my professional inquiry. Thankfully upon speaking to those who had completed this course in previous years it became clear that the aim of the rationale is to clarify the knowledge I have already gained throughout my training and career as a dancer, my future aims within my career, and therefore the reasoning behind my chosen subject for my professional inquiry.

My chosen award title is: BA(Hons) Professional Practice (Dance)

The subject of my inquiry is the necessary nutritional needs for dancers to be able to excel throughout the range of expectations within their work. I will analyse the importance of nutritional knowledge throughout a dancing career, developing specifically designed diets and producing beneficial guidelines for future dancers and organisations. This would be solely for the benefit of dancers' development, whether in training or professional career. My motivation for investigating this topic comes from my future goal to be a nutritionist once my own performing career has ceased.

My proposal for this award title is due to my overwhelming and continuing passion for dance and my professional experience. Having spent the maximum eight years in vocational training, I succeeded in acquiring a Level 6 National Diploma in Professional Dance and proceeded to join a professional touring ballet company of which I am presently a member. The concise nature of my current company and its continuous travelling throughout the United Kingdom has forced me to undergo various challenges with the upkeep of energy and my body's well-being. I believe these experiences have highlighted the ignored and under-rated importance of nutrition within dance education, which my inquiry will address. 

I felt as though the rationale needed to be concise and to the point so that it is clear although I still wished to include as much as possible about my knowledge, experience and reasoning.

Any advice about how this could be improved would be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment