Monday 30 March 2015

Half Way!

Hi Module 3'ers,

So we are half way through our 12 week study period so I thought it was a good time to asses what I have achieved so far, and difficulties there has been, findings I have made and what I have left to do.

At the beginning of the term, I separated the weeks into thirds with a plan of what I wish to achieve in those weeks.

Week 1-4
  • Write feedback response
  • Use these weeks for literature research
  • Start literature review
  • Plan and organise interviews
  • Create interview consent form
  • Write my initial reflection/thoughts on inquiry topic

Week 5-8
  • Conduct interviews
  • Analyse data collected
  • Write "Introduction" and "Evaluation" of Critical Review (first draft)
  • Continue literature review 
  • Brainstorm "Artefact" ideas
Week 9-12
  • Further Analysis
  • Decide Artefact
  • Complete Critical Review
  • Complete Artefact
  • Final proof read (May 11th 2015)
As we are now in Week 7 here is what I have achieved:
  • Feedback response written and sent
  • Literature research is continuing, have so far found useful Books, Articles, Podcasts, Films and Blogs.
  • Literature Review is ongoing (I have been delayed in literature due to the vast change in my inquiry topic at the beginning of this module.)
  • Initial thoughts about my inquiry topic have been logged in my journal.
  • Consent form has been created and signed by the interviewee's so far.
  • 4/5 interviews have been conducted, the final interview is arranged for week 8 (This is due to the interviewee's busy work schedule.)
  • I have not yet begun analysis of the interviews.
  • Introduction and Evaluation first draft will be done in week 7 and 8.
  • I have not yet brainstormed my artefact as I still have data to collect.
I am relatively pleased with what I have achieved in my inquiry so far, and I am finding out new things about my topic constantly which has taken it into different directions, very much away from food which I wanted. I have been delayed slightly because of being able to arrange the time to conduct the interviews (Dancers and mothers are very hard to get hold of with an hour of their time to spare) and I am glad I have nearly finished them. Although I am behind I did not want to rush them as I would probably miss out on some of the interesting responses I have had so far.

My SIG group (fellow Module 3 students on a Facebook Messenger group) have been a great help in terms of keeping me on track and giving me advise about where I am in my work.

Here's to the next half! 

2 comments:

  1. Ahh I feel like I have so much to do but it is slowly coming together! You seem to be getting through it! Very organised! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great organisation Bernie! This post I imagine will be of great help to those people who have not yet started Module 3. In saying you were 'delayed' slightly during your schedule just highlights the importance of flexibility and how we as performers must implement this in the organisation and running of our daily practice.

    Pip

    ReplyDelete