Tuesday 21 October 2014

Task 4a) Nutritional Health for Dancers

I have decided that my professional inquiry will be based on the topic of nutrition. It is a topic I find extremely important to my practice as a professional dancer, and one that would benefit others within in the professional in terms of staying on form for rehearsals and shows throughout their career.

I have created a beginning set of questions that I will be developing into my deeper research questions for the inquiry.

How much knowledge do you believe you have about nutrition? 

Where did you learn this?

Is it an aspect of your profession you find important? Why? 

Are you always able to fill your dietary requirements? 

What do you find most difficult about keeping to your dietary needs?

Does your profession affect your opinion about your dietary requirements? 

Were you advised about nutrition during training? 

How helpful did you find it? 

Do certain foods seem to affect your dancing abilities? 

Have you been injured during your training/career? 

What was the injury? 

What do you believe caused the injury? 

Do you often feel tired or unmotivated when dancing? 

Do you find it difficult to stay focused whilst rehearsing/performing? 

If given the opportunity, would you wish to learn more about your nutritional requirements? 

These questions will give me more insight into what others within my practice know about this topic. Also seeing how further knowledge may improve their profession. 


No comments:

Post a Comment